Friday, March 27, 2009

Another "You called 911 for this?" call - You can't make this stuff up!


This is a picture of DS (Dear Son). HE isn't really goofy, other than being 13 years old. I just find him to look goofy in these glasses. It is my visual aid for personifying how goofy many of the people are who call 911.
I would like to have a better picture that adds to understanding the call, but this is the only goofy picture I could come up with and this call was just too good to not share with you.
Dispatcher (That's me): Police Emergency, Can I help you?
Caller: Umm, this isn't an emergency but I didn't have the number to dispatch and it's like...it is REALLY late at night and I am trying to sleep and there are kids outside skateboarding and yelling.
Dispatcher: What is the address?
Caller: Provides Address
Dispatcher: Yes, just so you know this isn't a 911 emergency. Would you like the non-emergency number because this isn't something you would call 911 for...
Caller: Yes, I know. I just...
Dispatcher: That's ok. It is just that we are required to make contact on all 911 calls, so now an officer will have to come out to your residence.
Caller: Uh...Oh... Are they going to come to the door?
Dispatcher: Yes, would you like the non-emergency number for future reference?
Caller: Uh, I have it in the other room. I just didn't want to get out of bed. Um... so is he going to knock on my door?
Dispatcher: Yes, most likely. Because you called 911 we are required to come out to your residence to confirm that you are ok.
Caller: I have number in the other room, I don't need them to knock on my door because I am sleeping.
Dispatcher: Well, the problem is that we don't know if there is an emergency at your house and someone is just telling you to say that everything is ok.
Caller: (irritated) I AM TELLING YOU THAT EVERYTHING IS OK!
Dispatcher: (more irritated - but professional) I understand that mam, you called 911. 911 is for LIFE AND DEATH EMERGENCIES ONLY! We make contact on every 911 call.
Caller: oh.....ok.
Moral of the story:
If you are too lazy to get up out of bed and get the non-emergency phone number to report a complaint of people skateboarding outside REALLY late at night (10:02 pm???) DON'T call 911! We will make sure you get out of bed to answer the door.
Now wouldn't it just have been a whole lot easier to get the phone number in the first place?

1 comment:

  1. ROTFLOL. Some people. 10:02 pm? Skateboarding ruffians?

    Too funny, great post. XD Made my day.

    ReplyDelete